 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1230
1229  |  1231
Subject:
Trains, Brains and Auto-points
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 19:53:43 GMT

Hey guys,

I was gazing with great bliss and complacency at your TD switching yard
layouts when it suddenly occurred to me that perhaps -- just perhaps --
you had not experienced the wonder and joy of fully automagic remote
points.  And if there anything that those layouts impress on me, it's
that I clearly don't have nearly as many points as you guys - I've only
got three each way :P

I didn't hear anything about this at train1 - what was the story on
automation there?  I produced 4 sets of auto-points before I realized I
wouldn't be attending... if this problem hasn't been solved-to-death
already, I'd be happy to post my work.

---------

On an unrelated note, I looked at the PNLTC specs - they seem to suggest
putting track centred at 8, 24, 40... and multiples of 16 thereafter.  I
realized that while we can do any old thing internal to personal module
sets, we need to standardize or come to agreements between us for other
interactions.

I think I'm gonna run out & get me some lumber, though... those modules
look pretty slick.

One final thing - we've got some unused floorspace at my office right
now, and while I can't promise anything of a permanent or public nature,
it might be possible to do a less-official train get together here for a
couple of days some weekend.  Lotsa floorspace - probably 35' x 20+'.
And the price is right.

Jeff E