 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1236
Re: Trains, Brains and Auto-points
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 05:11:24 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Jeff Elliott writes:
I didn't hear anything about this at train1 - what was the story on
automation there?  I produced 4 sets of auto-points before I realized I
wouldn't be attending... if this problem hasn't been solved-to-death
already, I'd be happy to post my work.

I just happened to build an automated switch last night from someone's
posted instructions. However, I didn't have the right Technic reducing
gear and had to improvise, and I don't have the new motor, so I had to
use the old style. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The switching track
has too much friction built in. I considered pulling it apart to 'fix'
this problem, but I am very hesitant.
Anyways, I for one would be glad to see your solution to automation.
Play well.

Tim Strutt   8^)