 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12196
Re: My tribute to my first Technic Set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.technic
Date:
Mon, 25 Oct 2004 12:53:35 GMT

<snip>

Throwing it out to all the Technic people--I wonder how many other colours in
the LEGO pallette that you can make the 854 from as I've done?  I don't think
they ever came out with a 16 stud purple beam, but I won't bet the farm on that
:)

<snip>

Dave K

Nevermind--answered my own question by looking at Peeron.com--very nice site,
btw.

So the verdict is in--had I prethought and preordered, I could have made a
complete 854 in these other colours--green (as stated), dark grey, and tan.
"But wait" says the people 'in the know', 'what about teal?  There are teal 1x16
beams and such!  Well, according to Peeron, and I did find this a little
odd--there are 1x16 teal, 1x8 teal, and even 1x4 teal Technic beams.  There are
no 1x2 teal Technic beams, however.  I find that to be just a little odd.

But it's Monday morning, I have a cold from the miserable damp weekend, and i'm
going to crawl back into bed now :)

Dave K