 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 12044
Re: rtlToronto17 Vote
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 28 Sep 2004 17:08:04 GMT

Okay,

If you're building a robot for this, followup a post with:

a) One robot at a time, or races between two. (One/Two)

Two

b) On table or on floor. Understand that the floor is dirty and may not be of
even colour, texture or level.  (Table/Floor)

Table

c) Allowed to stick out over edges on stopping/turning around if on a table?
(Yes/No)

Over the edge,aslong as 'bot doesn't fall off

d) Do you want the U-turn, or just a drag race straight? (Yes/No)

u-turn--start line is finish line

e) Should start and stop distances vary during heats? (Yes/No)

Don't care--adjustable 'turn around line' is fine

Decisions I don't think need to debated are:

1. Start method is manual based on a "go" from the judge/timer.  I don't want to
preclude any solution with a IR command.

Calum
PS-I've also been stuck, but not in a cube with a six axis robot. I'm still
indefinetly here in Germany.

Dave K