 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11853
Re: BrickCast 2004 Live Webcast from Washington DC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:43:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Allan Bedford wrote:
I would.

I'm probably one of the few people I know who has no real need for a high-speed
connection, but then there are times like this when I do wish I had it.  So yes,
it would be great to have a dialup stream, knowing full-well that it won't be
DVD quality.  Or VHS quality.  Or television broadcast quality.  Maybe Super 8
quality?  :)

Anyway, it would be appreciated... if it is possible and doesn't require a
tremendous amount of extra time, effort or equipment.

Thanks Calum!

Super8 would be hopeful--But hey, they pored over the Zapruder film which was
shot on Super8, wasn't it?    Behind the grassy knoll...or over there in the
book depository...holy schnikies!  It's Brad Justus!  And he's holding a
...transparent baseplate)*(&#@!

Let's just hope that your webcast doesn't become historical evidence in the way
that famous bit of film did.

Courtroom scene:  Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury we will be seeing frames 21 -
33 of the Tsang webcast.  This is footage your government didn't want you to
see, though we don't exactly know why.

Watch as he crosses the parking lot.  You can see that as he drops his moonbase
module his hands move back and to the left.  Back and to the left.  Back and to
the left.  Proving, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the car horn that
frightened him could not possibly have come from behind him.

And you know the rest...

We'll see what we can do about multistream encoding.

I'd even be happy with a decent still image that refreshed every 30 or 60
seconds if that would provide a usable audio track.  I guess it would be sort of
like an auto-refreshing web cam with live audio. Is that even possible? Sorry,
I'm not that familiar with setting up that kind of thing.

I'm just thinking that a nice clear still image would be more useful than a
massively compressed and shakey moving image/audio.  But I'm not trying to be
choosy, I'll be very grateful for whatever you are able to offer, if you even
have time to set up this portion.

Thanks again,
Allan B.