 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 11665
    Re: Thoughts on drag racing —Rob Stehlik
   (...) Instead of using a particular program slot, just have everyone listen for a specific message at the beginning of their code. Obviously NQC supports standard RCX messages, and I know BrickOS does as well. If someone wants to be a pain and use (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Thoughts on drag racing —Derek Raycraft
     (...) Ya, as long as we are clear what the IR message is then it won't be a problem for any of the OSs that support IR. The problem is some of them encode messages the same way the standard firmware does, while others are more raw about it. I guess (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

         Re: Thoughts on drag racing —Calum Tsang
     (...) Lillian is not a given. We probably will be at another library. I need to firm that up soon. Calum (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Thoughts on drag racing —Ivan Louch
   (...) What about people who might attempt an RCX-less solution? ;) Personally I don’t see what the big deal is. If someone thinks that pressing a button on their RCX (or a battery box) will interfere with the take off, then let them come up with (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Thoughts on drag racing —Chris Magno
    I'm going to agree with Ivan on this one. all these other ideas re: "starting;" force people to either orientate the brick, make people use an IR message, or whatever. K.I.S.S. when someone says Go, you do what ever you need to, to start your (...) (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

        Re: Thoughts on drag racing —Steve Hassenplug
   (...) No kidding. There's no reason to make this more complicated than it already is... (20 years ago, 7-Jul-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)