 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 1114
Re: rtlToronto8 and light sensors
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 29 May 2001 23:57:31 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Victor Rehorst writes:
Hrm, maybe I should think about a movement algorithm more complex than
"drive around randomly" :)

Something based around at what point of the game you're in (ie, defensive vs
offensive) and game state where blocks might be.

I don't think this is a problem at all. The block doesn't stay under the
light sensor for very long (or does it?). In my case it is just a matter of
programming to differentiate between two thin alternating lines and one
thick section of colour for a block. Not that I have done this yet...

Sounds like some people are picking up blocks, and some people are just pushing

around blocks instead.

I'm gonna run a few tests with block detection at that level.  Right after I
stop splitting 1x2s with too much torque.

Calum