 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10771
  Elevations for Train 6

Here is an image with the elevations for the Train 6 layout. (URL) is only the positive elevations. We still need to figure out the negative elevation. However it will likely be around -20 Brick to the valley floor. Next I'll model instructions on (...) (20 years ago, 5-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elevations for Train 6

(...) Iain (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elevations for Train 6

(...) Yep, I'm working on a prototype right now. It's a little boxy, but it works, and barely fits under that top rail. Runs on a 9V battery, so we'll just let it run around until the battery runs out. Derek (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elevations for Train 6

(...) Have you thought about using the racer unit itself for power? the newest racers track has a capacitator based rechargable vehicle. I have a copy of the set but haven't had time to play with it in depth yet. What I was thinking was that if that (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elevations for Train 6

(...) I do plan to get one of these sets eventually. Looks like fun on it's own. I don't know if it would have enough power to pull much of a train though. It's worth experimenting with once I get one. Still battery powered though, so I wouldn't (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elevations for Train 6

(...) I'm thinking that depending on your purity level, because the battery is stationary, it's feasible to do a battery replacement thing where you supply 9V DC to the battery box via contacts that "look" like a battery but have a wire coming out (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elevations for Train 6

(...) Is there also a latest rendition of the overall layout? Jeff gave me a sheet at dinner last month but a) din't have it still, and b) has it changed? Are we still doing the 'perimeter modules' encompassing a seating area? The show organizers (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Elevations for Train 6

(...) I will definitely get another one of these up soon. Hopefully later today. I don't believe there are any significant changes since the last dinner version. I'd like to do the perimeter modules. However we've kind of left it up to you to fill (...) (20 years ago, 6-Feb-04, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)