 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10097
10096  |  10098
Subject:
Deep size matters...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:09:33 GMT

I've been thinking about size constraints for my C$ robot, and I just realized
I'll need to make some changes to my robot.

Given this picture:
http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-013104/lego-013104-sketch.jpg

My current design does, at times, move into the red area in the front of the
board (looking at the board from the green robot's side, the red area to the
left)  I'll be able to fix that, but then I came up with another question.

Given this from the rules:

"6. There are no hard limitations for the size of the robot. Be aware the size
of the machine should not exceed half of a Library table and that you will need
to transport your creation into the Library via normal stairwell and elevator
access."

I ass-u-me that means no one will be disqualified because of size.  But, given
the varity of designs I've seen in past rtl events, it's quite possible when two
robots (and the board) are connected together, they won't fit on a single table.

But, I'm guessing, in typical rtl style, all allowances will be made, and two
tables would be pulled together (or something like that).

Am I correct?

So, did anyone bring a Deep Yellow robot to dinner last week?

Steve