 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10101
Re: Deep size matters...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 2003 15:48:49 GMT

Steve "da loop hole"  Hassenplug wrote:

Given this from the rules:

"6. There are no hard limitations for the size of the robot. Be aware the size
of the machine should not exceed half of a Library table and that you will need
to transport your creation into the Library via normal stairwell and elevator
access."

I ass-u-me that means no one will be disqualified because of size.  But, given
the varity of designs I've seen in past rtl events, it's quite possible when two
robots (and the board) are connected together, they won't fit on a single table.

But, I'm guessing, in typical rtl style, all allowances will be made, and two
tables would be pulled together (or something like that).

Am I correct?

YES, if your robot requires 3 tables to sit on, then I'm sure we can find a way to
get the tables to rest your beast on.

NOW, if when we get the 3 tables, you start whining that the gaps in the routed
edges of the tables do not conform to what you have in your basement, then we'll
need to have a "chat."(1)

So, did anyone bring a Deep Yellow robot to dinner last week?

no.  but I did bring abby.  she was entertaining to dave for a few minutes.

Steve

Chris
There's no 'I' in 'team'.  There's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'.

1.  a typical magno "chat" involves my steel toe shoes, and the backside of the
chat-ee