 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10042
Re: YYZ: New Terminal 1 Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:58:29 GMT

Iain Hendry wrote:
Terminal 1's parking garage roof is one of my favourite places to go at night.

Definitely an exciting vantage point to view the entire air port.  The
Tampa Airport is like this too, or at least was.  As a kid returning
from florida after spring break I'd always make my dad take me up there
so we could watch the planes for a while.  Then we come down and ride
the trains back and forth from the different terminals.

Terminal 2's parking garage is stunning, a trophy to 80's concrete, listing

I agree with you on the parking garage.  It looks really good.  I can't
think of one distinguishing feature about the terminal though.  Well
except long box.

http://www.arthurerickson.com/H_fire7.html

Like David I've aways wanted a place with a layout like this.

http://www.arthurerickson.com/H_khos7.html

"The retractable ceiling allows a maximum amount of rainwater to soil your
overpriced leather furniture."

Laugh out loud!  (because I'm on an anti TLA kick at the moment)

I don't know why I'd love to have a roof like this.  Being a red head I
burn in seconds.  I don't think it would work well in our climate
either, but it would be cool.  Until you're  away on Vacation.  Hmm, I
think I left the stove on and the roof open.

But compared to 3, yeah.  And then now this, holy crap.  I can't wait to see the
interior of the Central Processor at night.

Ya I'm looking forward to seeing too.

- the whole Terminal is soooo space station.

While I too like this style, almost all airports fit this style.  I
think it would be cool if someone did something completely different.
Like build an airport that felt like a classic european train station.
Lots of red brick and iron work.  That would be cool.

Derek