 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 10040
Re: YYZ: New Terminal 1 Preview
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 10 Dec 2003 18:30:27 GMT

I assume you're talking about terminal 3 then, because 1 and 2 are about
as exciting as a brick to the skull.  :-)

Terminal 1's parking garage roof is one of my favourite places to go at night.
Terminal 2's parking garage is stunning, a trophy to 80's concrete, listing
surruptitiously in a striking attempt to immitate the seductive angles of
Disney's A-Framed Contemporary Resort.  And the lighting on the road that goes
up there is *flawless*, straight out of Metro's Vendome station.  Terminal 2
from the exterior is what 2032 looked like in 1977.  AND I LOVE THAT.  I wish
the entire world could look like that.  Like, Arthur Erickson, he was the s***.
He had it goin' on.  Look at this:

http://www.arthurerickson.com/H_fire7.html

http://www.arthurerickson.com/H_eppi19.html

http://www.arthurerickson.com/H_fire6.html

Like, come on.  It doesn't get any better than that.

http://www.arthurerickson.com/H_khos3.html

http://www.arthurerickson.com/H_khos7.html

"The retractable ceiling allows a maximum amount of rainwater to soil your
overpriced leather furniture."

But compared to 3, yeah.  And then now this, holy crap.  I can't wait to see the
interior of the Central Processor at night.

How come Airport departure levels are aways the beautify architected but
arrivals is always like getting shoved out a service door?

I'm sure there's an IE answer to it, but I didn't see anything wrong with the
arrivals hall.  I think it's really gorgeous.  Espically the baggage claim area
- the whole Terminal is soooo space station.

    Iain