 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *1389 (-10)
  Re: rtlToronto Videos

Wow! This video is amazing. Iain, you've done an awesome job editing the video and putting it to music, I can't wait to see your work on the upcoming train2. Both Iain and Calum should be commended on their excellent videography capturing the layout (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Turntable/transfer table thoughts

(...) B and D are most risky, from a construction standpoint. B is risky because you're building on a diagonal. You'd either have to a) build everything using lattice shapes, doubling your brick usage or making it primarily 1x2 and 1x1 or b) build (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Over Track Building

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GF3zrG.q4@lugnet.com... (...) Height of EluraCar with clearance: 15 bricks. Ehhh... :-/ That's tall. That worries me... Iain (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Open Back Walls

Could I make a suggestion? If people are going to leave open back walls (considering that filling in the back wall can get expensive in brick count), could folks as a general standard leave the wall opposite the two main tracks (ie, the wall not (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Over Track Building

Hi folks, Here's the start of a large building I've been working on today. (URL) photos are pretty bad (poor flash late at night with few lamps) but I just wanted to get the idea across--the general concept is to build an office/residential complex (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Bookcase Apartment

JeffVW made a comment recently at an rtlToronto dinner that that got me thinking: He mentioned something to the effect that the folks at his office were relatively strict about decorating cubicles, and therefore he didn't want to bring in a large (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.town)

  Re: rtlToronto Videos

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:GF3y6s.KDB@lugnet.com... (...) figure (...) home: (...) c) install standard tree on power pack and make "Flying Bush" Iain (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Videos

(...) Actually, I'm not taking any credit for running over a minifigure with a train, I'm just joking about the whole rtl8 Robotics swarming concept...when I came up with it and requested we allow for it in the rules, Chris spent hours complaining (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Videos

(...) Actually, as always, I think it was a joint effort....I didn't hear everything that went on, but Iain said something to the effect that we were placing the girl minifig on the track because Chris wanted to see some "carnage". Whether Calum (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto Videos

(...) Swarming? That was MY idea... :) Calum (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact