 Organizations / Canada / OBB / 56
Re: OBB--it's where the cool kids hang out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.obb
Date:
Wed, 14 Nov 2007 08:40:59 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.obb, Richie Dulin wrote:
   I think you could happily swap the comments on the latter day traumatic events and no one would really notice the difference – it doesn’t matter whether it’s brightly coloured knights or the end of 9V trains or the prevalence of computer generated images rather than photographs on sets, or colour coded long technic pins: People don’t like the change, and wheel out the same comments - “how could they do such a stupid thing?”, “the company didn’t ask us, its greatest fans”, “this’ll cost the company money” etc etc. Ho hum.

I spent no time publicly griping about the subtle color shifts TLC made a few years back. However, in hindsight, I can see that bley really did kill my family’s Lego purchasing. My kid (now age 11) still gets a Lego set or two at Christmas, but we used to buy ten times as much.

What bley has appeared in our collection drives me crazy -- quietly, thank you -- at building time. The Bley Shift stands out as the only change TLC ever made to its product which affected me in a negative way. Every other change you satirized was fine by me -- it didn’t destroy any backwards compatibility that I needed.

Ladasky Home Solar, Inc.: blowing sunshine up your power grid since March 24, 2005. Fiat lux!

Uptime: 954.4 days
   Downtime: 14 hours
   kWh generated: 17374
   kWh consumed: 17779