 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 476
  Re: Show prep on Jan 13 (was Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there)

Only a few days before Saturdays work bee, a few other questions. James, could you soak off the labels from the Lego pails before Saturday? I found about 15 minutes in hot water and the label peeled off nicely. James, do you have any of the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Show prep on Jan 13 (was Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there)

(...) Can do. Am doing, in fact. (...) no hacksaw, no mitre box. 1 drill, 1 jigsaw. (...) For now, I think leave them at your parents as long as they've got the room. (and don't mind!) (...) Yah, probably a good idea. I'm not sure if we want to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Show prep on Jan 13 (was Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there)

(...) IMO the wooden bases should be considered a failed experiment. The piping can still be used with the "bucket-bases", and then theoretically we only need some more piping and several hundred feet of rope. I can pick up the rope - Home Depot and (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Show prep on Jan 13

(...) I checked with my Uncle - My ears or memory or both are whacked. He does not have a drill press of any size. (My father had a both a table-top and floor size, but they're gone.) Sorry for the confusion. SRC (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Show prep on Jan 13

(...) I might be able to borrow a drill press on Saturday, but I'm not sure. I do know that I can go and use it pretty much any old time, so I can drill the rope holes later on. James (23 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)

  Re: Show prep on Jan 13

I'll bring one, I had another need for the drill press. To drill a starter hole in the exact middle of some 2 inch long wooden dowels to attach to the inside bottom of the pails, to hold the bottom of the plastic pipe in the exact middle, so that it (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug)