 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 476
Re: Show prep on Jan 13 (was Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 23:14:20 GMT

Only a few days before Saturdays work bee, a few other questions.
James, could you soak off the labels from the Lego pails before Saturday?  I
found about 15 minutes in hot water and the label peeled off nicely.
James, do you have any of the following, if not I can supply these tools:
Hack saw, jigsaw, reversible variable speed drill, mitre box.
Steve, remember to bring the drill press.
James, do you want to store the tables I have already brought to Edmonton
until September, or do I leave them at my parents?
Should I bring our ribbon from GETS 2000 to display at the Calgary show,
some of the other train clubs were doing it at GETS.
James, were you going to pick up the pipe before Saturday, or should I pick
it up on my way to your place?  We have my 3 pails and your was it 13?
pails.  Each pail will need about a 7 inch length inside, with either the
female end sticking up, or joiners if they are available.  Then cut 12
lengths of [29.5 inch plus 7.5 inch minus what is lost in a female] to place
in the 12 wooden holders we already have, use the 12 29.5 inch grey pipes in
12 of the new pails, and then cut another 4 29.5 inch lengths.  Six or 7 ten
foot lengths would do, if we can find joiners/connectors to fit, otherwise
it will be 16 with a lot of wast!  Or back to the drawing board.
Michel Magnan

For the rope barriers I used 1 1/4 inch rigid PVC conduit, it is used for
built in vaccuums.  One end is female, they are 10 feet long.  I used grey,
because the white ones in St Paul were so old and dirty they were almost
grey!  White would be much nicer.  I almost picked some up at home depot
today, they were $5.85 each.
How many posts do we need?  We could probably still use the GETS 2000 set,
just add to them, I built 12.  They are only 29.5 inches tall, which I
thought was a bit short