 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 484
Re: Show prep on Jan 13 (was Re: SuperTrain 2001 - I'll be there)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2001 20:26:33 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:
Michel Magnan wrote:
Only a few days before Saturdays work bee, a few other questions.
pails.  Each pail will need about a 7 inch length inside, with either
the female end sticking up, or joiners if they are available.  Then cut
12 lengths of [29.5 inch plus 7.5 inch minus what is lost in a female]
to place in the 12 wooden holders we already have, use the 12 29.5 inch
grey pipes in 12 of the new pails, and then cut another 4 29.5 inch
lengths.  Six or 7 ten foot lengths would do, if we can find
joiners/connectors to fit, otherwise it will be 16 with a lot of wast!
Or back to the drawing board.

I'll pick up pipe & joiners sometime this week.  I have been needing to
hit a hardware store for a while now.  I'll just add it to my list.

IMO the wooden bases should be considered a failed experiment.  The
piping can still be used with the "bucket-bases", and then theoretically
we only need some more piping and several hundred feet of rope.  I can
pick up the rope - Home Depot and Revy are both a few blocks away.

SRC
StRuCtures