 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 339
Re: Latest Larger Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 2000 22:17:18 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Chris Gray writes:
...More sidings!

and Michel responds with a new layout and commentary...
I didn't like the funny curve in the bottom left either.  I didn't take
time to fit in a monorail switch.  I think this version has a little more
track in sidings.  I also feel that this is the cleanest looking one so far.

For those who are 3D challenged, the monorail starts at ground level next to
the train station on the lower right, up to level one in the townsite, then
to level two in the mountain, to the wye, down to level one at the branch,
and to ground level at the bottom left.  There is no elevated monorail near
sidings, to get in our way.

Michel

I like it for the most part.  I do wonder why you bring the monorail
down on the two left segments, particularily on the little isolated
section.  Wye oh wye would you do such a thing?  8-)   In my mind,
monorail should almost always be elevated.  Besides, I don't think I
have that many incline track pieces...    ;-)

SRC