 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 325
Re: Latest Larger Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Wed, 1 Nov 2000 22:02:36 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:

Here's an update, keeping in mind everyone's comments. • <snip>

It uses 7 large and 7 small, but I can easily make a lesser version
(not as nice of course) that uses only 6 of each if James has any
doubts about making the extra tables.

I can pretty much guarantee that I'll be able to do a set of tables (1
large, 1 small).  Even if I can't, we'll have plenty of warning to change
the layout.

Cool.  Sounds like everyone is more-or-less happy with this layout, so
it seems like a good base to work off.  Could you upload the .tdl when
you get a chance?  Michel isn't the only one who wants to play with it. :)

Everybody wants to move the station.  :-)

I moved the station. :)  And changed the monorail loop a bit.

I also played around a bit with changing the track layout (how the dead-end
sidings were accessed, and so forth), but ended up not finding anything I
liked better.  I may play more later.  I did drop the loops in the lower
right by an extra track length.

  http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/Jamesb/layouts/oct30_v2.tdl

Here's how I'm envisioning the "zones" on this layout.

Bottom central: city
Bottom right: "city" industrial (Container yard, maybe a warehouse or two)
Upper right: rural - truck stop, grain elevator, maybe small town-type
stuff? The monorail could end here instead of looping - literally the "end
of the line"
Upper left: Octan yard/refinery
Upper central: countryside?

That mountain is still going to be tricky if there's a derail. Hmm.  (design
challenge, that's all.

Thinking out loud...

James
James Brown's Parts Sale:  http://www.brickbay.com/store.asp?p=jamesb