 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 322
Re: Latest Larger Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 15:41:27 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
Chill guys - I'm just throwing out ideas.  :-)
I don't remember any vote, but whatever amount of monorail is
the concensus is fine by me.  I don't think we have to vote on
anything/everything.  We're not that formal of a club are we?

Everything else about the above linked image however, is quite good.
Nice and smooth, plenty of building space, and a good-sized railyard.
Very nice.   The layout is nice, but depends on another set of tables.

Here's an update, keeping in mind everyone's comments.  It has both
loops straight through switches, the "main yard" is moved inside to be
easy to reach, the monorail is only from one side to the other, leaving
the main table area free, and doesn't even cross over any tracks.
The mountain is cut down to a managable size? with two train tunnels
and the only monorail level change hidden inside, so viewers will not
know how it got up/down so much in so short a distance. ;-)

It uses 7 large and 7 small, but I can easily make a lesser version
(not as nice of course) that uses only 6 of each if James has any
doubts about making the extra tables.

Cool.  Sounds like everyone is more-or-less happy with this layout, so it
seems like a good base to work off.  Could you upload the .tdl when you get
a chance?  Michel isn't the only one who wants to play with it. :)

About the only nit I can think to pick right now is that the station might
go better somewhere else... There's a lot of track switching and the like
nearby, and that tends to go better with industrial type stuff than town.

Thanks,

James