 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 321
Re: Latest Larger Layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 05:33:51 GMT

Thanks very much Steve, it is a very nice layout.  Almost makes me want to
make more tables!
How about moving the station to face the outer loop in the bottom right,
allowing maybe four tracks, one from each full length loop, and one siding
from each of them for stopped trains.  The crossover between the two loops
would have to be moved, possibly to the top left, the monorail would have to
run over some track.
I am not sure where the special 30.5x30.5 port table would fit.  It could
allow one lane bridge at the far end, and needs a siding along either the
side or the back for loading/unloading cargo.
A place for the elevator neds to be allocated, also with a siding designated
to it.
Which of the sidings did you feel would be best for the intermodal station,
and the petroleum transfer station?  I was hoping to enlarge the petroleum
station, to match the Petrocanada setup in east Edmonton.
Please send me the file, so that I could play around with it a bit.  But I
think the overall layout is great.  Thanks again.
You could maybe extend the monorail down on the right to the train station!
Michel

Chill guys - I'm just throwing out ideas.  :-)
I don't remember any vote, but whatever amount of monorail is
the concensus is fine by me.  I don't think we have to vote on
anything/everything.  We're not that formal of a club are we?

Thanks again Steve, and I am suitably chilled now!

It uses 7 large and 7 small, but I can easily make a lesser version
(not as nice of course) that uses only 6 of each if James has any
doubts about making the extra tables.

SRC