 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 203
Re: Plans for next NALUG layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Sat, 30 Sep 2000 22:49:44 GMT

"Michel Magnan" <m_magnan@telusplanet.net> writes:

[...clip...]

Let me know what you think, and I'll send you the file as soon as you ask for
it, if Steve or James have the time to make it readable for Chris, that would
be appreciated.

Sounds interesting. Did you think of my suggestion of having one end be
longer, so that we could have a larger area for structures, etc.? It also
occurred to me that the layout would look less regular if there could be
one or two fairly long straight sections that are not horizontal or
vertical. Won't work for monorail, but should for trains, so the monorail
could short-cut the area or zig-zag through it. I think it would be cool
to have a larger building into which the monorail goes at the second
floor, perhaps with the train going in on the main floor.

--
Don't design inefficiency in - it'll happen in the implementation.

Chris Gray     cg@ami-cg.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA
               http://www.GraySage.Edmonton.AB.CA/cg/