 Organizations / Canada / NALUG / 115
Re: Fall 2000 Draft
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 17:50:15 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, James Brown writes:
In lugnet.org.ca.nalug, Steve Chapple writes:
James (in our mailing list) wrote:
I'd suggest doing just what you did - if you see something that appeals,
post to the mailing list, and see who else bites.  If it's enough, order
whatever it is.

It occurred to me today that 50% off specials are not limited to S@H,
and the same "get lots to minimize shipping cost" principal would
apply.  A LUGr has setup a page that lists all know internet sales,
(not including S@H) and there are a LOT more sets than the weekly
specials from S@H.  Currently there's a bunch of Star Wars sets,
not to mention 5561 Model Team, 5988 and 6195 are a good size,
and 6097 for James?  http://xezol.hispeed.com/webdeals.html

It's a good possibility, but someone with more time than I should check
and make sure these places are willing to ship to Canada.  I've run into
that a few times trying to cash in on a good deal.

A valid point.  I checked the three main sale offerers (is that a word?)
eToys ships to Canada, but ZanyBrainy and K+B Kids are USA only...

We could get a whole pile of X-Wing, Y-Wing, DVTie, Sith & Naboo
ships, plus major plates and train doors from the 5561s, castle
pieces from 6097 or others, etc.  What do you all think?  I'd expect
Joel would love all those Star Wars ships - Is he on this list?

<redirect>  OK - forget the list, I'll post it here where it belongs...

Hmm.  My preference would actually be that this sort of thing be on the
mailing list and not Lugnet.  It's of zero interest to the general community,
and there's no need to archive it.  It's just noise here, IMHO.

Another good point - I concur IF everyone is on a the list - Is that the case?

Anyone else interested in a bunch of 1/2 price Star Wars sets?  Those Sith
Infiltrators have a nice bunch of grey and blue slopes and plates...

Also, I have to get at least one 1/2 price 6462 from S@H as I made a
birthday present promise yesterday.  What else would anyone else like
(I'm getting some track too.) so as to minimize shipping cost percentage?
Here's this week's specials:  http://www.lugnet.com/lsahs/display.cgi?20000830

SRC