 Organizations / Australia / 607
Re: Greetings
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 07:34:05 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:

Hi Ross, welcome to LUGNET!

Yes, actually I live just up the road from Chadstone, in Box Hill South.
Ross, I hear that you are on the lookout for discount Lego, well I hope
you've checked out the Toys'R'Us at Chadstone recently - when I was there a
few days ago they had put a heap of SW sets on discount. Nothing at half
price or below, sadly, but there were still a few half-decent buys there.

I haven't checked it out recently. Maybe it's time I did. I thought I'd have a
look in Big W (Southland) on the weekend, and they had an old 8720 motor set
there that had been opened. They said I could have it $20 (instead of the
marked $61), so who am I to refuse a cheap set? There were only a couple of
bits missing.

The next LegOz in Melbourne is LegOz 2000.8 on October 8.[unless the SLUGS • [...]
[And if there's any other Melbourne-ites out there who wanted to attend • but
didn't have the transport, sing out, and I'm sure something can be • arranged.
I'd hate to be preventing people from coming just because of the venue.]

Well Ross and I living in reasonable proximity means that we could easily
car-pool for such an event.

I'm sure we can come to some kind of arrangement!

I havent really got any creations to show anyone yet, but I'd like to check • out
what other people are doing anyway, (and just meet some other lego fans).

Unfortunately some people buy too much Lego, and end up building things that
are too big to cart around...  :-)

Well, I came up with a design for an arched suspension bridge (loosely
inspired by Sydney's coat-hanger) when I was a younger - never built it, but
it wouldve ended up about 1.5m span x .5 m high. Never had enough pieces for
it!! (If there's any big train freaks about that are interested, I can
probably just about remember how I did it).

I've only just got back into Lego recently, (when I got a MindStorms set), so
havent had much time to spend all my hard-earned cash. Yet...

Regards,

ROSCO