 Organizations / Australia / 542
541  |  543
Subject:
Dining downunder (was Re: Pricing on Lego Sets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 08:28:55 GMT

In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
There was an article about Sydney in this month's National Geographic, so I'm
pretty psyched. What the heck is Chicken Maryland, though?

Paraphrased from the dictionary at www.culinarycafe.com:

"In Australia Chicken Maryland refers to chicken leg with both thigh and
drumstick attached, crumbed, browned in hot fat, and baked. Sometimes served
with cream gravy."

If you go to an RSL there's a pretty good chance you could have Prawn Cocktail
for entree, Chicken Maryland for main course and finish off with a bowl of
trifle. A uniquely Australian experience that you'll remember for a long time.

On the whole "Larry visits Sydney" thing: we were thinking dinner in Glebe or
Newtown, maybe Thai <http://sydney.sidewalk.com.au/DefaultDetail.asp?ID=4445>.
We could even do the Bill Bryson thing and go to Beppi's
<http://sydney.sidewalk.com.au/DefaultDetail.asp?ID=3800>. Any other
suggestions are of course welcome.

--Dave