 Local / Australia / 2507
Re: Dining downunder (was Re: Pricing on Lego Sets)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 12:29:43 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, David Drew writes:

"Dave Low" <stinglessbee@hotSPAMFREEmail.com> wrote in message
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:

On the whole "Larry visits Sydney" thing: we were thinking dinner in Glebe • or
Newtown, maybe Thai • <http://sydney.sidewalk.com.au/DefaultDetail.asp?ID=4445>.
We could even do the Bill Bryson thing and go to Beppi's
<http://sydney.sidewalk.com.au/DefaultDetail.asp?ID=3800>. Any other
suggestions are of course welcome.

I scoped those and they both sound good to me. Thai is a favorite of mine (and
of any programmer worth anything, according to the Jargon Dictionary) as is
Italian.

But I was hoping for something more Oz, Paul Hogan personally kills a croc for
the table or something like that, isn't that what you guys do? <grins, ducks
and runs>

We should really go for something that's a bit more distinctly Aussie, but
not RSL-ish.

Seriously, that sounds good, I think (if I knew what RSL-ish was). We have
time to pin this, at this point I can't be sure if I can get away for a
weekday evening although I ought to be able to.

++Lar