 Organizations / 860
859  |  861
Subject:
Best trailer size (was Re: Event kit update and request for data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.org
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 15:44:54 GMT

In lugnet.general, James Trobaugh wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Hey, I just reported what people in the club asked for! ... me, I think 6x14
would be better.

I don't know, we have a hard enough time getting our little 5x8 trailer in and
out of some of the exhibit halls we do shows in. I'm guessing a 14' trailer
would be quite a chore to manuver through a hall crowded with trucks and
trailers.

Are you sure it's not the driver that's the cause of the trouble? I've seen you
drive, you know...

Actually, your point is well taken.

But most of the shows we do so far haven't had drive in access anyway, except
for all the Novi shows we do. And that expo hall tends to be so big (depending
on the section we're in) that it is not that much of an issue. Many of the other
exhibitors (dealers and traditional clubs) have 12s and 14s... Yes, maneuvering
can be fun if you're not careful.

We've just come around to thinking that a double axle is where we need to be.,
capacity wise, if and when. But we're not really sure.

XFUT .org as this is now about trailers, not the event kit.