 General / 48186
Re: Event kit update and request for data
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 16:08:34 GMT

We (I) have had no trouble with a 16' trailer we rent for some shows.  Just
get there earlier than everyone else to set up!

As for feedback on the event kits:
Stickers and other handouts are always a big hit, but the book covers were
often frowned upon.  I think kids like to keep toys and "yucky old books"
separated in their minds.
We used the bricks from the event kit in place of the k8 we normally use at
shows.  The new colors and piece shapes are more appealling and have more
variety then k8's (like having more wheels, and left AND right wings, etc.).
The cardboard standee didn't attract as much attention as anticipated.
Maybe if the life sized robot was made of real LEGO...  That, and it gets
less attention than 6' skyscrapers made entirely from LEGO.

Rob Hendrix
MSLTC

"James J. Trobaugh" <james@ngltc.org> wrote in message
In lugnet.lego, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.lego, James Trobaugh wrote:
In lugnet.lego, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
<snipage>
* a 6x12 trailer for each club that asks for one (we don't ask for • much!)

LOL, yeah let me know if the next kit comes with one of those, I'll • take two.

Hey, I just reported what people in the club asked for! ... me, I think • 6x14
would be better.

I don't know, we have a hard enough time getting our little 5x8 trailer in • and
out of some of the exhibit halls we do shows in. I'm guessing a 14' • trailer
would be quite a chore to manuver through a hall crowded with trucks and
trailers.

jt