 Organizations / 862
Re: Best trailer size
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:07:04 GMT

In lugnet.org, James Trobaugh wrote:
I like how the GMLTC has rolling racks in their trailer, so driving into the
exhibit hall isn't much of an issue just as long as they have access to roll in
their carts.

Yes, wheels are your *friend*:
(l-r: Steve Demlow, Abner Finley, Conan Collopy)

For this particular show Conan backed the trailer up to about 25 feet from where
we set up the layout.  It's not always that convenient, but with the wheeled
racks carrying most of the heavy stuff it's not too bad to move the layout.
We've got three more racks on order, once we get them we should be able to have
90% of the stuff on the four racks.  Currently we only have one rack, it carries
four modules - this leaves three modules to be stacked up in the trailer.  (Yes,
it's ugly, but *knock on wood* so far we haven't had any major mishaps with this
layout.)

And having a longer trailer makes backing up so much easier - I hadn't backed a
trailer in 8+ years, but when we did the La Crosse show in March I managed to
back the trailer around a corner and line it up by a side entrance to the
exhibit hall.  The other GMLTC club members were impressed...  <grin>

JohnG, GMLTC