 Organizations / 192
191  |  193
Subject:
Loc.s of LUGs
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 18:30:28 GMT

In lugnet.org, Eric Joslin writes:
Maybe someone should register LUGWorld.  And by someone I mean Lego.

[...] a site that directs people to local clubs... that seems to me
to be something Lego should do.

That said, maybe the best thing to do would be to put it on Lugnet somewhere?
Or at least just link to it?  Then it could stay buried on the NELUG page if
necessary.  I don't think people are any more or less likely to find it that
way (linked from/hosted on Lugnet) than they are if it's got its own domain.

eric

I think a 2-D map of LUG communities belongs with the fans who are actively
involved. Here it has the benefit of such things as automatic updating and
multi-user administration. Here clubs can act with a tremendous amount of
freedom. And more traffic of the sort that would use such a map will encounter
it on LUGNET. LUGNET is, afterall a Network of LEGO User Groups.

As for TLC, it seems more natural for their FIRST LEGO Leagues to have their own
MapQuest-like directory someday.

-Suz