 Organizations / 187
Re: LUGWORLD map pages 1st try at some pages.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 12:58:38 GMT

In lugnet.org, Eric Kingsley writes:

Maybe someone should register LUGWorld.  And by someone I mean Lego.

Seeing the fiasco of www.legodirect.com I wouldn't expect them to jump right
on
that.  It might be a good idea to register it although I don't know if it is
100% necessary if it is going to eventually be hosted on LUGNET anyway.

That being said though if someone (TLG included) wants to send me $75 I would
be glad to register it.

I certainly didn't meant to suggest that you should.  I mean, individuals
registering names for clubs is one thing... I wouldn't say that Lego should
fund those.  But a site that directs people to local clubs... that seems to me
to be something Lego should do.

That said, maybe the best thing to do would be to put it on Lugnet somewhere?
Or at least just link to it?  Then it could stay buried on the NELUG page if
necessary.  I don't think people are any more or less likely to find it that
way (linked from/hosted on Lugnet) than they are if it's got its own domain.

eric