 Organizations / 189
Re: LUGWORLD map pages 1st try at some pages.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org
Date:
Tue, 9 May 2000 15:10:54 GMT

In lugnet.org, Christopher Tracey writes:
Eric,
I can get high detail maps(country --> state/province/etc --> county -->
census block). Tell me which ones and what graphic format you need and I will
get them to you.  I can also plot cities on the map.

Chris,

This would be great as long as you are sure there are no copyright issues
involved in publishing the maps you have.  At the moment I just want to get
things down to a state/province level for the larger contries (US, Canada,
Australia etc.)  For areas like Western Europe I will probably not go as deep
because the contries are much smaller and a general European or EU map should
do for now.

I would like to keep the clutter on the maps to a minimum so for now I want to
leave off cities and political boundries smaller than a state/province.

The maps I have used so far are .gif format which I like so if you have those
it would be good.  I do have a map of Canada now although it is not a nice as
the other maps I have up so far.

Here is what I am currently looking for.

Map of Canada with province boarders.
Large map of Europe with country boarders (I have a good one but a bigger one
would be nice).
Map of Australia/Oceania with state/province boarders. (See Europe above)

Really Canada is the one I am hot to get at the moment.

That should be good for now.  Again my biggest issue is Copyright and as long
as we wouldn't be infringing on someones copyright I would love to get the maps
from you.

Just so everyone knows I have been getting the maps from a free Clipart area on
graphicmaps.com .  (Note: be careful on their site it seems to flake out on
occasion I think their ISP is having problems)

http://www.graphicmaps.com/graphic_maps.html

I will be including a link back to this site at the bottom of the map pages out
as a curtesy although it is not required by the site.

http://www.graphicmaps.com/clipart.htm

They do say they will be adding Countries other than the US soon but who knows
what soon means.  If this were a US only endevour I would already have
everything I need.

Eric Kingsley

The New England LEGO Users Group
http://www.nelug.org/