 Off-Topic / Pun / 523
Re: Silly names (was: Re: Challenge - Build the rest of the shuttle?!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 18:39:27 GMT

"Tom McDonald" <radiotitan@yanospamhoo.com> writes:

when replying, new Spamcake Lunchables! Spamcake, headcheese, brussel sprout
puree, sweetbreads, and lutevisk; all in a convenient take-to-school box!
                           ^^^^^^^^
I think you mean "lutefisk", which is a rather (in)famous Norwegian
dish.  Actually, it tastes very good in my opinion, but a lot of
people hate it.

On the topic of silly names, you would probably find a lot of
Norwegian names funny.  For example, a very common name is "Ås", which
means hill.  It can also be spelled "Aass", "Aas", "Åss" and so on, so
you get the point.  This surname can also be used with the prefix
"Sør", which means south.  Well, some find this funny, anyway.

Fredrik