 Off-Topic / Pun / 515
Re: Silly names (was: Re: Challenge - Build the rest of the shuttle?!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 04:09:00 GMT

Peter White wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Julie Krenz writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Matthew Wilkins writes:
I went to high school with a girl whose name is (no kidding, I've seen the
birth certificate) Pancake Turner.

lol! Did people actually call her that?

I thought of another funny name in my life, (from long ago) - a gradeschool
friend was named Bobby Pin.

lol! A kid in my sister's former class is named Ram Ze'ira, which literally
means "tall shortie". Talk about oxymorons! ;-)

With the names some parents lump on their kids (time to lay off the
substances, people!) I think we can safely leave out the "oxy" part ;-)

Pete.C, what about the state member of Parliament in New South Wales who is
called 'Richard Face', who prefers to be addressed formally !

Or former Michigan gubernatorial candidate Richard Headlee...whose preferred
address was, in fact, the colloquial form you're chuckling about right now.
Needless to say, he didn't win.

best

LFB