 Off-Topic / Pun / 519
Re: Silly names (was: Re: Challenge - Build the rest of the shuttle?!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 16:30:45 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Peter White writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Julie Krenz writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Matthew Wilkins writes:
I went to high school with a girl whose name is (no kidding, I've seen the
birth certificate) Pancake Turner.

I thought of another funny name in my life, (from long ago) - a gradeschool
friend was named Bobby Pin.

lol! A kid in my sister's former class is named Ram Ze'ira, which literally
means "tall shortie". Talk about oxymorons! ;-)

Pete.C, what about the state member of Parliament in New South Wales who is
called 'Richard Face', who prefers to be addressed formally !

I personally know a man named "Richard Short" .. no fooling. And he's often
informally referred to at church (dunno where else). But I'd hate to be around
during roll call. He's an older guy who's had a successful career as a
military officer. With a name like that, I guess you either rise above it or
don't.

Consider the American ex-football player Dick Butkus. He *had* to get tough or
else.

-Tom McD.
when replying, new Spamcake Lunchables! Spamcake, headcheese, brussel sprout
puree, sweetbreads, and lutevisk; all in a convenient take-to-school box!

P.S. A former employee where I currently work had the name "John Dick". The
story goes that When John's son (whose full name escapes me) was about to go
into high school, he requested of his parents that his last name be legally
changed: they agreed.