 Off-Topic / Pun / 517
Re: Silly names (was: Re: Challenge - Build the rest of the shuttle?!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Wed, 31 May 2000 04:27:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:

Peter White wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Peter Callaway writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Julie Krenz writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Matthew Wilkins writes:
I went to high school with a girl whose name is (no kidding, I've seen • the
birth certificate) Pancake Turner.

lol! Did people actually call her that?

I thought of another funny name in my life, (from long ago) - a • gradeschool
friend was named Bobby Pin.

lol! A kid in my sister's former class is named Ram Ze'ira, which • literally
means "tall shortie". Talk about oxymorons! ;-)

With the names some parents lump on their kids (time to lay off the
substances, people!) I think we can safely leave out the "oxy" part ;-)

Pete.C, what about the state member of Parliament in New South Wales who is
called 'Richard Face', who prefers to be addressed formally !

Or former Michigan gubernatorial candidate Richard Headlee...whose preferred
address was, in fact, the colloquial form you're chuckling about right now.
Needless to say, he didn't win.

If he did win it would have been by a ......head (no doubt).
Reminds me of the old Veronica Lake movie 'I married a witch', where Veronica
is the witch dating someone up for election, she casts a spell before the vote
and her male companion gets ALL the votes.
He then makes the aside about the other contender,
"He didn't even vote for himself"

pete.w