 Off-Topic / Pun / 52
Re: Punsters (was Re: T-shirt Idea)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Fri, 14 May 1999 20:18:18 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Michael Huffman writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.pun, Larry Pieniazek writes:

1 - Isaac Asimov was a master punster. He spoke of such a joke or story
as being a "shaggy dog story", and he had one story that was the
shaggiest of shaggy dog stories. It had a specially chosen title, which
itself was a pun. Do you know what it was? For extra credit, what was
the punchline?

Speaking of punsters, has anyone read any Spider Robinson's
_Callahan's_Crosstime_Saloon_?  Good book, I'd recommend it to everyone
to read.

Anway, I picked up a video game that was based loosely on the book.  In
one part, you were given a list of words & you had to come up with similar
meaning works, that once combined formed a word or phrase; usually funny
or witty.  For instance:

Quick : Pulpy material : An arguably better computer

translation:

Fleet Wood-mac

Wood anyone want to give it a try & come with with ones stump us?

--Mike.

From a really old quiz show (can't even remeber the name of the thing):

- to get me, do nothing