 Off-Topic / Pun / 1108
Re: Kt. Moozaf Blastov and Oh-Gee
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.pun
Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 16:27:27 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Ley Ward wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:
   Oh-Gee, standing for Original Greybot, is an all around awesome dude and known for being the quickest quick-draw of them all. Hey that rhymed!

Um.... with what?

Draw-all. that was the rhyme. You know I’m so bad at rhymes that in High School we had an assignment for writing a poem with meter and rhyme to be included in our end of the year writing portfolio. I spent days working on the poem, crafting it into perfection. And yet, when I got my portfolio back and the teacher had written, “Leonard, Sorry, but I couldn’t find the poem with rhyme and meter.” D’OH!

   I’m enjoying the back story. And, (caution)... Oh-Gee appears very ‘cape-able’.(1) Oww!

OUCH! Bad Pun Alert! Bad Pun Alert!

   (1) Toxic pun alert! Oh, sorry. Did you already read it? I have to adjust the sensitivity of this thing...

Too late! you gotta put the warning BEFORE the pun!

Like the warning you posted above?

Still, always much fun to read a reply from Ley. You should definately plan a trip to BrickFest in August! I’ll buy you a beer.

-Lenny

Okay, maybe it’s a pronunciation thing. But, I can see it now: “Leonard Hoffman - world’s most subtle poet” How about ‘emergency pun response consultant.’ And, OMG, the pun is still in this post, which means it’s oozing out of the containment area. I’ve FUTed it to where it can’t hurt anyone any more.

I tell you what; lay off the attempts at rhyme and focus on building awesome MOCs and ‘pun containment software’ (PCS)(1), you know, play to your strengths, and I’ll buy you the beer. It will have to be somewhere other than Brickfest, alas, as I have a prior engagement that weekend in Calgary. Perhaps the next west coast brick event outside of music festival season. Thank you for the offer and the comment, I’ve always enjoyed your posts too. You could make one heck of a fence with those. Oww!(2)

Peace and pun-ishment

Professor Whateverly

(1) Yes, I’ve been into AA - ‘alternate acronyms’ for a while now.

(2) Does the series of alerts above this pun count, or does it need its own alert? See, there’s a market for PCS...