 Off-Topic / Geek / 606
Re: Which telnet emulator for Win32?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 04:59:33 GMT

Sproaticus <jsproat@io.com> wrote in message
news:37F93F6D.EA670DE5@io.com...
Hey all,

I'm getting fed up with my current Win32 telnet emulator.  Having broken • my
teeth on Telix and Telemate (DOS dialup term apps), I'm noticing a • surprising
lack of features in every telnet emulator I've come across.  I am • currently
using QVT/Term 4.1.4, which is better than most I've seen, but surely • worse
than others.
anyone got one for windows ce P/PC while there at it? I really gotta be able
to check my e-mail and read lugnet during those physics lectures...

What I need (*'s indicate where QVT fails):
- fairly cheap, or free, and NO nagware
- uses Winsock and leaves my modem alone
- my choice of arbitrary fixed-width font (*)
- any number of columns wide or rows high (*)
- large-ish scrollback buffer
- arbitrary IP port connection
- VT220, ANSI emulation
- 8-bit transfer
- lets me use the numerica pad like a numeric pad and the cursor pad like • a
cursor pad
- ZModem, kermit, etc. up/download (*)
- no gimmicky stuff like POP-mail clients, VRML viewers, etc.  >:-P
- other stuff as I think of them :-,
just needs most that stuff...and it needs to work on a mips proccesor...yeah
yeah yeah should a gone with the laptop...but I can't fit that in my pocket.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
- jsproat
"I've spent the past few years building up an immunity to bullets."
- Angus McGuire

Matt
#@%! vacumm cleaners(yes I know I've never once spelled vacum right...)
Matt@raptursoft.hypermart.net