 Off-Topic / Geek / 580
579  |  581
Subject:
Which telnet emulator for Win32?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 4 Oct 1999 23:59:41 GMT

Hey all,

I'm getting fed up with my current Win32 telnet emulator.  Having broken my
teeth on Telix and Telemate (DOS dialup term apps), I'm noticing a surprising
lack of features in every telnet emulator I've come across.  I am currently
using QVT/Term 4.1.4, which is better than most I've seen, but surely worse
than others.

What I need (*'s indicate where QVT fails):
- fairly cheap, or free, and NO nagware
- uses Winsock and leaves my modem alone
- my choice of arbitrary fixed-width font (*)
- any number of columns wide or rows high (*)
- large-ish scrollback buffer
- arbitrary IP port connection
- VT220, ANSI emulation
- 8-bit transfer
- lets me use the numerica pad like a numeric pad and the cursor pad like a
cursor pad
- ZModem, kermit, etc. up/download (*)
- no gimmicky stuff like POP-mail clients, VRML viewers, etc.  >:-P
- other stuff as I think of them :-,

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Cheers,
- jsproat
"I've spent the past few years building up an immunity to bullets."
- Angus McGuire