 Off-Topic / Geek / 5205 (-10)
  Re: Wireless Power for LEGO Trains?

Interesting, but are magnetic fields harmless to everyone? How do pacemakers react to magnetic fields? Especially magnetic fields transmitting 60 watts of power? Also, what is the efficiency? How much power is pumped into the magnetic field to (...) (16 years ago, 22-Aug-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Wireless Power for LEGO Trains?

(...) Having a physics background, I just have to say... [sarcasm] Tesla would be, just, like... *so* surprised [/sarcasm]. I do wonder about the size of the receiver antenna and the transmitter, and near-field effects. Having worked a very little (...) (16 years ago, 23-Aug-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Wireless Power for LEGO Trains?

I know this is a long way off (think 2050) but, on Thursday, Intel revealed prototypes of a new wireless power supply. If this ever comes to market, think of the possibilities! Battery powered LEGO Trains that never need to be charged! NXT bricks (...) (16 years ago, 22-Aug-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Star Wars Exhibit at the Science Museum of Minnesota

Hi all! This past weekend Stacy and I attended the Star Wars "Where Science Meets Imagination" exhibit that is currently at the Science Museum of Minnesota. "Star Wars: Where Science Meets Imagination" is an exciting exhibition featuring more than (...) (16 years ago, 28-Jul-08, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: need (JavaScript) help, please!

(...) What you're doing there is setting the current document's URL to some value-- in this case some URL that looks like: (URL) that will open the new URL just fine, it'll just take the place of your current document. What you want is to open a new (...) (16 years ago, 4-May-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  need (JavaScript) help, please!

I'm trying to code a script, for inclusion into a webpage (HTML), that will enable me to spontaneously create a link to be opened as a new page. The format of the URL is as follows: (URL) two variables are the specific game server and the specific (...) (16 years ago, 4-May-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Tiniest LEGO USB memory stick?

(...) Here's a challenge- a LEGO USB drive that uses a mini-USB connection (found on BlackBerry and other smart phones). Adr. (17 years ago, 9-Mar-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Tiniest LEGO USB memory stick?

I could not resist the challenge to try to craft what may be the tiniest LEGO USB memory stick out there. Was perusing the CDN Tire sales ad and found the Gizmo Jr. USB memory keys were on sale.. I took a chance on one and discovered that it fits (...) (17 years ago, 9-Mar-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  LEGO USB Drive

I was perusing Engadget and found this LEGO USB drive. Question is - are they REAL LEGO bricks???? May be old news, but cool for the geeks in us nevertheless... (URL) (17 years ago, 2-Mar-08, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Help please!

(...) Thanks to Daniel B. for informing how to work around this problem. It's a comcast thing. Here's the workaround: Until DNS gets propagated properly, use the work around: edit c:\windows\system32\...\etc\hosts at the bottom add: 64.127.136.213 (...) (17 years ago, 19-Feb-08, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact