 Off-Topic / Geek / 5196
Re: Help please!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 02:29:53 GMT

In lugnet.market.brickshops, Julie Krenz wrote:
I haven't been able to pull up the Bricklink site since yesterday. I was able to
while I was at work, now at home I can't.

I first thought it was a BL problem, but I now think the problem is on my end.

I tried in both IE and Firefox.

I tried by going my usual route, my bookmark, no luck. Tried typing in
http://www.bricklink.com my info at the bottom of the screen says "opening page
http://www.bricklink.com", but then it goes to a Dell/Google search page that
says "Sorry, we couldn't find http://www.bricklink.com/. Here are some related
websites: "

I tried clicking on links in my wanted list emails, no luck.I tried clickin on
links from my hisory, no luck.

I know one of you geeks knows how to fix this, please help, you're my only hope.

Please respond to this post or email me at: jkrenz22@yahoo

Thanks!
Julie
Thanks to Daniel B. for informing how to work around this problem.

It's a comcast thing.

Here's the workaround:

Until DNS gets propagated properly, use the work around:

edit c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

at the bottom add:

64.127.136.213 www.bricklink.com

I needed my son to actually do this, but it worked!

Thanks again!!
Julie