 Off-Topic / Geek / 4730 (-5)
  Re: LUGNET news RSS feed

(...) To do that properly though, I'd have to actually keep a history of every lugnet post - otherwise, if there weren't any train posts in the last 20, the train specific RSS feed would be empty. Not terrible, but not exactly desireable. Not saying (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LUGNET news RSS feed

(...) Right - but that would end up with several thousand feeds, which almost no one actually reads. Not sure what the solution is - perhaps RSS (or Atom) support a "category" concept, and then allow on the client side to filter by category? Then we (...) (20 years ago, 27-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LUGNET news RSS feed

(...) separate author tags, is there a reason for that? ROSCO (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: LUGNET news RSS feed

(...) If you use an RSS reader to follow blogs, it fits nicely in that mold. At first I agreed with you - there's no structure... but it's so painless to view it in an RSS reader, that the lack of structure isn't really a problem. You just skip the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: BIP RSS Feed and Blog Update

(...) Oops, sorry about that. Two unrelated, but similar issues have been resolved. Everything should be fine now. Thanks for the heads up. Jake --- Jake McKee Webmaster - BIP (URL) (20 years ago, 25-Jun-04, to lugnet.inst, lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact