 Off-Topic / Geek / 4689
4688  |  4690
Subject:
Squeaky LaserJet 2100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 01:56:16 GMT

I have this printer, like it a lot. But lately it has started squeaking
something awful. When it's transporting paper it squeaks just before the printed
page comes out the top.

Also it has started to have trouble with grabbing just one sheet, sometimes it
takes more than one, and that causes printing to span pages, a big mess.

I spent a good long time digging on the HP site, and on numerous other sites
that I used Google to find, to no avail. Must have been digging in the wrong
places, or not using good search strings. Does anyone have any suggestions? I am
not too keen on just squirting lubricant in whatever places I see that might
possibly take it (the HP site explicitly warns against that, some other sites of
dubious authenticity say HP is wrong)

I guess I'd like to find out how to get it serviced by someone who knows what
they are doing, or failing that, find a site that has good info...

thanks!