 Off-Topic / Geek / 4691
Re: Squeaky LaserJet 2100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 13:36:34 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <larry.(mylastname)@ascentialsoftwareDOTcom> wrote in
message news:Hxw01s.14Dn@lugnet.com...
I have this printer, like it a lot. But lately it has started squeaking
something awful. When it's transporting paper it squeaks just before the • printed
page comes out the top.

Also it has started to have trouble with grabbing just one sheet, • sometimes it
takes more than one, and that causes printing to span pages, a big mess.

I spent a good long time digging on the HP site, and on numerous other • sites
that I used Google to find, to no avail. Must have been digging in the • wrong
places, or not using good search strings. Does anyone have any • suggestions? I am
not too keen on just squirting lubricant in whatever places I see that • might
possibly take it (the HP site explicitly warns against that, some other • sites of
dubious authenticity say HP is wrong)

I guess I'd like to find out how to get it serviced by someone who knows • what
they are doing, or failing that, find a site that has good info...

thanks!

I have an HP All-In-One printer I like a lot too.  It started acting up as
well - it's problem was feeding multiple sheets of paper for each printed
page.  After shopping for a new one, none of which I liked, at the
suggestion of my father, I tried:  http://www.fixyourownprinter.com/

Checking out my printer, their diagnosis was spot on and I ordered the
repair kit.  It arrived a couple of days later and I went through the repair
process.  It took about three hours, the printer had to be completely
disassembled to replace all of the necessary parts.  Now works just like it
did when it was new.  The process isn't for the feint of heart, but if you
don't mind taking stuff apart and putting back together, you can save
yourself quite a bit of money.

Mike

Mike Walsh - mike_walsh at mindspring.com