 Off-Topic / Geek / 4693
Re: Squeaky LaserJet 2100
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 18 May 2004 17:12:13 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
I have this printer, like it a lot.

snip

I guess I'd like to find out how to get it serviced by someone who knows what
they are doing, or failing that, find a site that has good info...

thanks!

If you want someone to do the repair for you, anyplace that does warranty work
on HP products should have someone on staff who is officially certified to work
on HP printers. In order to get the "official" how-to manual (and order parts),
you have to have a personal certification number, and a "company" number. I
would be leery of 3rd party sites with repair info.

I used to be HP LaserJet certified, but no longer work at a place that does
warranty work.

(Incidentally, lubricating a laser printer is bad, because toner particles will
stick to the lubricant, and eventually cause worse problems than the lubricant
fixed.)

Hope that helps.

--Brian
Lugnet #399