 Off-Topic / Geek / 4590 (-5)
  Re: We're here to go

(...) I'm a big fan of space exploration. I'm an even bigger fan of universal state funded healthcare & education. Who in society will benifit most from a manned trip to Mars? Who in society benifits most from a lack of universal state funded (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We're here to go

(...) Well, there's expensive and there's *VERY expensive*, in terms of dollars per unit of work on task. Asserting that NASA falls into the latter camp (as I do) is debate fodder, so if you want to stay out of .debate, as you seem to, we won't get (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: We're here to go

(...) If I read the original post correctly, the question was of fuel efficiency and the physical implications of a Moon-based versus an Earth-based launch toward Mars and beyond. Naturally this entails the cost of development, because fuel costs (...) (21 years ago, 20-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: VIRUS Sent to LEGO-fans!

(...) Thank you, Mark, for the info. Even with a minimum of knowledge of file extension, anyone can figure out that it wasn't any ordinary text file attached. So I sent it to Notepad and thus my system was never infected. But I'd like to warn other (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-04, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Spam/ Most Likely Virus Sent to LEGO-fans

The virus you describe is known to antivirus software and tools as w32.sober.c. See (URL) for information and instructions on how to remove it. >> Mark (21 years ago, 17-Jan-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact