 Off-Topic / Geek / 4587
Re: VIRUS Sent to LEGO-fans!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 00:19:09 GMT

In lugnet.general, Mark Tarrabain wrote:
The virus you describe is known to antivirus software and tools as
w32.sober.c.  See
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32soberc.html for information
and instructions on how to remove it.

Mark

Thank you, Mark, for the info. Even with a minimum of knowledge of file
extension, anyone can figure out that it wasn't any ordinary text file attached.
So I sent it to Notepad and thus my system was never infected. But I'd like to
warn other LEGO enthusiasts, because there were so many LCAD and Peeron.com
related addresses in the attchment. I think someone in our community has an
infected computer...!