 General / 44954
44953  |  44955
Subject:
Spam/ Most Likely Virus Sent to LEGO-fans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sat, 17 Jan 2004 14:34:22 GMT

Today I recieved a spam with most likely a virus payload.
The subject is: "Your IP was logged" and it claims to be sent from
info@tiscali.de
It has an interesting attachment named refcode18109.txt.cmd As I examined it in
Notepad, I noticed that it contains many LEGO related mail addresses. That's why
I post this alert here. Of course, do not run this cmd file!

And the mesage is:

"Ladies and Gentlemen,
Downloading of Movies, MP3s and Software is illegal and punishable by law.

We hereby inform you that your computer was scanned under the IP nn.nnn.nn.nn .
The contents of your computer were confiscated as an evidence, and you will be
indicated.
In the next days you will receive the charge in writing.
In the Reference code: #18109, are all files, that we found on your computer.

The sender address of this mail was masked, to fend off mail bombs.

- You get more detailed information by the Federal Bureau of Investigation -FBI-
- Department for "Illegal Internet Downloads", Room 7350
- 935 Pennsylvania Avenue
- Washington, DC 20535, USA
- (202) 324-3000