 Off-Topic / Geek / 4495 (-10)
  Free DVD screen capture utility?

I'm looking for a good (free) DVD screen capture utility for Windows. I recall having success using Print Screen before, but this time around the window is turning up blank when I paste into Photoshop. I'm using an older verison of WinDVD that would (...) (21 years ago, 1-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Digital camera feedback?

Is anyone familiar with this (URL) model?> A coworker is approaching the 5-year-employment milestone, and this is one of the tokens offered to comemmorate the event. I myself am not especially savvy re: digital cameras, so any feedback you can (...) (21 years ago, 27-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: New Dice (4x4x4 cube)

(...) Uhhhh... no, I didn't know that. Being very, very poor (having been unemployed as often as employed the past few years), I have not been able to buy any of the larger sets for a painful number of years, now... :( Thanks for the info, though. I (...) (21 years ago, 25-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Matrix Weapon Tech

(...) Hmm. Now that's an interesting theory. I see support in the Animatrix short Beyond: agents have to come in to fix the glitch in the "haunted house." Sysadmins would just fix it. OTOH, in the first movie, when Neo experiences deja vu with the (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Matrix Weapon Tech

(...) "Partly" for energy wouldn't even work. We're *really* inefficient batteries. But luckily, there's an even better possibility -- they're using the humans as a big biological computer. A supercluster of neural networks. They run the matrix to (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Matrix Weapon Tech

John Riley's utterance expressed in news:HJ9AIv.22zx@lugnet.com: (...) This has been discussed a lot in the local danish movie-group on usenet and the general conclusion is that the machines enslave the humans partky for energy, but mostly for (...) (21 years ago, 19-Aug-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Die, spam, die

(...) I continue to be surprised that people beleive it is possible for them to avoid being spammed. I don't mind that people contact me if they have something interesting to say, so I have never tried to hide my e-mail addresses. When it started to (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Die, spam, die

The latest form of cockroach: the other day I used Google to find an etymology. Google took me to a page in some online dictionary. Now I am getting spam, with the word I looked up in the subject line. New meaning to the term "dictionary attack". I (...) (21 years ago, 18-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Black Holes

(...) Hate to be a bummer, but the only matter black holes "emit" would be Hawking Radiation, and scientists are unsure about what will happen when a black hole stops. X-ray are a type of light, and since, by definition, black holes don't emit (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Black Holes

(...) "infinite toilet flush" as you call it is using a three dimensional model to describe 4 dimensional spacetime. In the typical diagram, the x and y axis describe area, while the z axis (up and down) describes graviational warping of spacetime. (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact